Find it here!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

25 Things Military Spouses Learn While Their Significant Other is Deployed



Every military spouse who has experienced deployment has learned a vast number of things. Here are what some spouses say were the biggest things they learned.


  1. "I learned how to be patient. Obviously with deployment you have to wait for your husband to come home."
  2. "While my husband was deployed, I learned not to take the little things for granted, like a five minute phone call. You never know when you'll be able to talk again."
  3. "I learned that things that may seem minor while they're home, become big things during deployment. I can't remember how many times I got a short email or Facebook message that simply said I'm ok. I love you."
  4. "You never realize how strong you are until you have no choice but to be."
  5. "You learn that it's okay to cry. It doesn't mean you're weak, it means you're human."
  6. "Murphy's Law will definitely take effect. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. But it's ok. You'll make it through it."
  7. "I'm stronger than I ever thought I could be."
  8. "I found my independent side that I forgot I had." 
  9. "I found that to keep myself sane, I have to rely on God. He will bring you through it." 
  10. "How to not only do the jobs a mother would do, but also the jobs a daddy would. I learned how to do yard work and do car repairs." 
  11. "That the distance and stress of deployment can make or break you. You have to allow it to strengthen your relationship. Focus on the good, not the bad. Remember, they miss you as much as you miss them."
  12. "I learned that in order for me to make it through the deployment, I needed to have a close knit group of friends and family. They helped me through so much."
  13.  "The time may seem to be going by slowly, but before you know it you'll look back and think Man, it's been that long already?"
  14. "I learned how much my family relies on my husband to do things. I've realized how blessed I am to have him in my life. I've learned how to appreciate the little things he does for us."
  15. " I learned to be patient. Not only with waiting for my husband to come back, but with my friends and family. They try to understand, but they don't because they've never been through it." 
  16. "The second he leaves, all hell breaks loose. But that's ok. I know I can handle it."
  17. "It's ok to cry! It doesn't mean you're not strong. It means you care." 
  18. "I've learned to draw near to God and focus on my relationship with Him. He will help you through it." 
  19. "Take advantage of the time apart. Go back to school, start a new work out, run a marathon. Just set goals for yourself. It'll help the time pass more quickly."
  20. "Homecoming is the most amazing day you'll ever experience."
  21. "The first time I saw him after deployment, all the problems I had experienced went away."
  22. "The day I saw his formation walk out onto the field after 10 months apart, I realized how lucky I am to have such an amazing man."
  23. "The first kiss is the greatest feeling in the world."
  24. "The hours leading up to homecoming are the most anxiety filled I experienced. But I couldn't have been happier."
  25. "The first kiss and hug after 9 months apart made all the distance and lonely nights worth it. He was finally home to me."

What are some things you learned while your loved one was deployed?

No comments:

Post a Comment