Find it here!

Friday, December 19, 2014

Tragedy Hits Close To Home

Today was an absolutely terrible day. On the way to work, a friend of ours died in a car accident. What hurts me the most is the fact I drove past the accident, but never knew it was him. I saw the car, mangled and destroyed, being lifted on the tow truck. I prayed  for the driver as I passed by, not realizing that it was actually someone I knew. And we were supposed to hang out with him before we went home.

When Cody told me, I fell to the ground sobbing. It's so hard to believe that this happened. That the terrible wreck I saw, was the one that killed him. I cried all day, until Cody got off work. I ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug. Tragedy makes you realize how lucky you are and how precious life is.

So tonight, just take a moment to call your parents, hold your kids tight and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. You never know what could happen and when they will be gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment