- 2 1/2 tsp water
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 6 tsp butter
- 4 12 oz bottles of cream soda (very cold)
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Boil until mixture reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Add in butter, salt, apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup of the cream. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add in rum and vanilla extracts. Mix well.
- In a bowl, pour the remainder of the cream and 2 1/2 tbs of the brown sugar mixture. Using a hand mixer, beat until thickened. It should be frothy looking.
- Divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses. Pour is 1/3 cup of cream soda and mix well. Pour cream soda into the glass until almost full. Add the froth to the top.
- Now watch your favorite Harry Potter movie and enjoy your delicious Butterbeer.