So as a way to save money, especially with our PCS coming up, we started to have some at home date nights. But that doesn't mean that they have to be boring nights at home watching the evening news on TV.
I've put together a list of some of our favorite things to do when we have a date night at home.
- Dinner and a Movie- Dress up (or not) and fix a nice dinner. I usually make a steak dinner, it's cheaper than getting one at a restaurant. Then pop some popcorn, rent a movie, turn on netflix, or watch your all time favorite movie.
- Game Night- Grab your favorite board games and spend the night playing, with no tv, no distractions. Just enjoying each other's company.
- Paint Fight- Grab some bottles of washable paint, go outside and throw it all over each other. It's so much fun and will keep you laughing the whole time.
- Gone Dancing- Put on some music and enjoy an evening of dancing around your living room.
- Cooking Date- Pick out a new recipe to try. Spend the evening cooking the meal together and then sit down and enjoy your creation.
- Gettin' Artsy- Buy some canvases, pick a picture and paint. It's so much fun to see what the other person's looks like. You could even paint, or draw each other. It'd bring some laughs.
- Blanket Fort - Build a blanket fort in the middle of your living room, just like when you were a kid. Fill the inside with pillows and blankets and cuddle or play board games. You could even get a small constellation light and shine it on the roof of the fort to do some indoor stargazing.
- Karaoke Night- Turn your living room into a concert!
- DIY Photoshoot- How many pictures do you have with both of you in them? Set up a tripod and take pictures of both of you. You could even create your own backdrops.
- At Home Wine Bar- Buy a few bottles of wine, have a plate of meats and cheeses, light some candles, and play some music.
- Stargazing- Lay a blanket out in your backyard and spend the evening looking up at the beautiful night sky and talking.