Find it here!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

Cold weather is here and nothing can warm you up quite like a big bowl of soup. I, personally, am not a fan of canned soup whatsoever. It just doesn't taste like the homemade version. So I decided to come up with my own recipe for my favorite, Chicken Noodle.

You will need:

  • 2 Tbs unsalted butter
  • 1/4 c sliced celery 
  • 1/2 c sliced carrots
  • 1/2 c minced onion
  • 8 cups of chicken broth (you can use more if you want it more soupy)
  • 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (watch out for bones)
  • 3 1/3 c egg noodles
  • 1/2 tsp dry basil
  • 1/2 tsp dry oregano
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions: 

I just wanted to show off the new knife my husband got me with my name on it.


  • Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add in celery, carrots, and onion. Cook until tender. 

  • Add in chicken broth, shredded chicken, noodles and all seasonings. Stir to combine. 
  • Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment