After I married my husband, I moved to Georgia. There is absolutely no O' Charley's anywhere near where we live. How on earth would I go without my Potato Soup? By creating my own of course. Now this soup may not taste like O' Charley's, but I like it way more. It's not only delicious but it's super easy to make. It's a family favorite in our household!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 of a large onion, chopped (I use yellow)
- 5-6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 1/2 c chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use Monterrey Jack)
- Chop onions.
- Melt butter in a pot. Saute onion until translucent.
- Cut and peel potatoes
- Add in chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes have softened.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash potatoes. I like to leave some small chunk in my soup.
- Add cheese. Stir in, until melted.
- Serve with a little sprinkle of cheese on top. Enjoy!