One of my favorites that she makes is her pecan tarts. When I got married, I got super into cooking and baking, so I asked her for some of her recipes. I was lucky enough to get the recipe for her tarts and I couldn't be happier!
- 1 3oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in flour and mix well.
- Roll into balls and press into tart pans.
- Chop or grind nuts coarsely.
- Put some in the bottom of each crust in the tart pans.
- Beat eggs slightly with a fork.
- Add sugar, melted butter , salt and vanilla. It should have the thickness of honey
- Put mixture in each tart, filling it about 2/3 of the way full.
- Sprinkle more nuts on top.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Makes about 24 tarts.