Find it here!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Grandma's Pecan Tarts

Just like any family, my grandmother has always made the best sweets. I remember being a kid and going to her house after school. She'd always have some kind of goodies made and sitting on the counter.

One of my favorites that she makes is her pecan tarts. When I got married, I got super into cooking and baking, so I asked her for some of her recipes. I was lucky enough to get the recipe for her tarts and I couldn't be happier!

Ingredients: 

       For crust:

  • 1 3oz package of cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 1 cup of flour
       For Filling:
  • 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 Tbs melted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of pecans
Directions:
  • Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in flour and mix well.



  • Roll into balls and press into tart pans.


  • Chop or grind nuts coarsely. 

  • Put some in the bottom of each crust in the tart pans.

  • Beat eggs slightly with a fork. 
  • Add sugar, melted butter , salt and vanilla. It should have the thickness of honey 

  • Put mixture in each tart, filling it about 2/3 of the way full. 

  • Sprinkle more nuts on top. 
  • Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. 


Makes about 24 tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment