Find it here!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Just Some Afternoon Thoughts

It doesn't matter how many times you've had to say goodbye, it never gets any easier. It doesn't matter if it's for a few days, a week long FTX, a month of JRTC or a deployment, watching my husband pack his things and walk away is one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. I usually do fine during the day. Of course there are things that remind me of him, which makes me sad, but I can usually hold myself together. But when nighttime comes, it's really hard on me. I can't stand to sleep alone. I know it may sound stupid, but it's true. I feel safe knowing my husband is laying right next to me.

I absolutely cannot stand when people are rude towards those who have their SO gone for "just" a week or month. So what if they miss their husband? Let them. People handle things differently. No need to be hateful or rude towards them.

No comments:

Post a Comment