We absolutely love Italian food. In fact, we eat it at least once a week. We had the habit of going out to Olive Garden or Carrabba's and spending a fortune on pasta. So I had to figure out a way to make delicious pasta at home, that wouldn't cost a ton or take hours to make.
Well, I came up with this AMAZING alfredo sauce recipe. Believe me when I say, it's the world's best. I've been asked by so many people for this recipe and it's often requested by friends and family.
What you'll need:
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 oz of heavy cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- salt to taste
How it's made:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream. Stir constantly.
- Add in salt, nutmeg, and cheese, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Once cheese is completely melted, mix in the egg yolk.
- Simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and garnish with a little bit of Parmesan